Grab the Mic! 20-Something Awesome Karaoke Songs!
Whether you’re a regular at the karaoke bar, or just like to make a guest appearance every now and then, it’s always entertaining to get up on stage in front of strangers–after one, two, or in some cases, seven drinks. So, if you’re planning on hitting the karaoke scene this Friday night, consider one of the following songs to belt out and get the crowd going!
1. “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper. This is the decade to define your life, make mistakes, and above all, have fun! This 80s anthem is the ultimate theme song for your twenties!
2. “Just A Girl” by No Doubt. You may not hear this song anywhere else these days, but a karaoke bar is the perfect place to bring it back. Watch everyone say, “Wow! I remember this song!”
3. “These Boots Are Made For Walking” by Nancy Sinatra. This song was an instant hit and it’s damn fun to sing! Add in lyrics about female empowerment, and you have a classic karaoke hit that won’t be going anywhere anytime soon!
4. “Don’t Stop Believing” by Journey. Ladies, you are not a human being if you don’t know this song and belt it out whenever it comes on. Just saying.
5. “Like a Prayer” by Madonna. This 80s hit is the perfect karaoke pop-song that everyone knows. Once the chorus hits, the whole bar will want to join in!
6. “She Works Hard for the Money” by Donna Summers. When you’re in your twenties, you begin to discover “the true value of money” and work hard to get enough cash to hit the town on a Friday night! So pay tribute to all those hours at the office with this fun tune!
7. “Before He Cheats” by Carrie Underwood. For a woman scorned, nothing is a better stress-reliever than belting out the lyrics to a song about smashing up an ex’s car. Let it out, honey!
8. “YMCA” by The Village People. Looking for a song with a catchy tune? Look no further than this great 70s disco group. Choose the song “YMCA” and see if you can get the whole crowd to bust a few moves!
9. “I Will Survive” by Gloria Gaynor. We all know life in your twenties can be a bumpy road. Discovering what to do, where to live, who you want to become, etc. can get you down sometimes. This song will pick you right back up and let you know you will make it through!
10. “I Love Rock N’ Roll” by Joan Jett. Can’t think of anything else to sing? Play it safe with this classic karaoke favorite!
11. “Respect” by Aretha Franklin. Every woman deserves respect, so let the world (or bar) know with this powerful tune!
12. “Sweet Caroline” by Neil Diamond. Sing it because good times never felt so good, so good, so good!
13. “Love Shack” by B 52’s. Two words: Classic. Hit.
14. “Man, I Feel Like A Woman” by Shania Twain. There’s no better song to sing with a group of ladies. Period.
15. “Build Me Up Buttercup” by The Foundations. Have you ever heard anyone say they didn’t like this song?
16. “Dancing Queen” by ABBA. Everyone loves a good song that makes them want to get up and dance. By the chorus, you will have everyone on their feet!
17. “I Wanna Dance With Somebody” by Whitney Houston. When all else fails, turn to good old’ Whitney.
18. “Wannabe” by Spice Girls. A throwback to the 90s that girls will never get tired of hearing!
19. “Hit Me With Your Best Shot” by Martina McBride. Bad at remembering the words? 99% of the lyrics are simply repeating “Hit me with your best shot.”
20. “It’s Raining Men” by The Weather Girls. Embrace being single in your twenties…this song was made for those ladies playing the field!
What’s your favorite karaoke song? Let us know in the comment box below!
Photo Credit: cortneymartin82 via Flickr