Five Quotes about Happiness to Get You Through the Day
There are few things in this world quite like a good quote. Within those one or two lines you get a perfect synopsis of a mood, a feeling – of life. Here are a few about happiness to brighten your day.
- “Happiness sneaks in through the window you didn’t know you left open.” – John Barrymore. Sometimes we get sad. That’s life. But the great thing about life is that it’s always changing. The same way sadness can just seem to hit you, when you least expect it happiness can sneak back in, pat you on the back, give you a hug and hand you a margarita.
- “We’re conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments. But great moments often catch us unaware – beautifully wrapped in what others may consider small.” – Kent Newburn. There is no saying what will be a “big moment” in your life. We think that, like in the movies, there will be amazing cinematography and a killer soundtrack to tell us when the exciting parts are coming up, but the truth is, it doesn’t work that way. Maybe it’s that question you unexpectedly nail in your interview. Maybe it’s that time you’re running late and you meet a handsome stranger…the point is, you never know what “small moment” might reshape your entire life.
- “Anyone who says only sunshine can bring happiness has never been kissed in the rain.” – Unknown. Just because conventional wisdom might say that a situation is bad news, doesn’t mean it is. Work every day to see the beauty in the world around you. Being happy isn’t an accident, it’s a mission statement.
- “Being happy doesn’t mean everything’s perfect. It means we’ve decided to see beyond the imperfections.” – Unknown. Like we said, it’s all about how you choose to see your world. If you focus on everything that’s going wrong or everything that could go wrong, it should come as no surprise that – spoiler alert – it will seem like everything is wrong. Consider this: being happy and being miserable require the exact same amount of effort. But smiling makes you look younger.
- “You just have to accept that some days you’re the pigeon and some days you’re the statue.” – Unknown. You have good days, you have bad days. You’re not alone in that. Keep your head up and things will turn around!
Photo Credit: Jessica.Tam via Flickr