20-Something things Friends Made me Believe about My 20s
Friends is my comfort show. It’s there for me through every breakup, through hard days at the office and it’s there when I need to laugh. I grew up watching this show throughout middle school and high school, but it definitely didn’t prepare me for what was coming in my 20s. Once I turned 20 I finally had to accept that I was never going to be Rachel Green and there are no guys out there quite like Chandler Bing. Here are 20-something things I thought my 20s would bring because of Friends.
- Wherever I move, my neighbors and I are destined to become BFFs.
- I would have time to sit around in a coffee house while maintaining a full-time job.
- I could remain friends with my ex and not care when he banged other women.
- I would be able to afford an apartment in the West Village by 26.
- If I got drunk and slept with my best friend, we would get married and live happily ever after.
- Dating your assistant, student or someone else in the workplace is totally acceptable and you won’t get fired.
- Like Joey, I could sleep around with hundreds of people without ever worrying about an STD.
- I would meet a handsome, older, mature man with a mustache and fall in love.
- It’s okay to date someone your best friend dated, all you have to do is sit in a box for 5 hours.
- Chicks and ducks are totally cool pets to have in an NYC apartment.
- Granted Paolo was never attractive to me, I would be able to have a fling with a foreigner… I’m still waiting to see my first attractive Italian-native man…
- Someday I would have sex in a planetarium.
- Even if I was a waitress, a billionaire would still fall for me. P.S. I wouldn’t leave him just because he wanted to be a UFC fighter.
- If I decided I wanted a baby, no problem because an adoption only takes a couple months.
- I could convince my ex’s new girlfriend to shave her head (side note: I still secretly hope I can make this happen).
- At some point, a guy will make a big romantic gesture to win my affections.
- I might have an evil twin out there.
- If I’m ever the victim of identity theft, I’ll want to become best friends with the person.
- It is somehow possible to keep a relationship with a guy secret from your best friends and roommate. By the way, it’s impossible to do this.
- Even after I have a baby, I will still find the time to sit in a coffee shop all day!
Photo Credit: NBC