Go From Day to Date
Taking your day outfit and turning it into something suitable for a hot date with your man is actually a lot easier than you might think. Follow these 5 easy tips and you’ll get more use out of your wardrobe than you ever thought possible (and save a couple bucks too!).
- A simple knit dress is super easy dressing, especially in the summer. For work, add a blazer and a pair of open toed pumps. When you’re getting ready to leave, shed the blazer and pumps for a pair of strappy heels and a bold clutch.
- A day at the beach is the perfect time to rock your newest maxi dress and a simple pair of flip flops. When it’s time to jazz things up, add some statement jewelry and fancy flats.
- Animal prints are the perfect way to add evening pizazz to any outfit. Start with neutrals like a black pencil skirt and a white button down. Add a little animal in the form of a belt, bag, or even shoes. So chic!
- Cropped black pants are great for the summer and definitely work-appropriate. Wear with a solid tank or v-neck shirt. When the evening rolls around, add a bold printed scarf, strappy heels, and layer on some chunky bracelets.
- A strapless dress is a summer staple but definitely isn’t right for the office. Pair the dress with wedges and a lightweight cardi for a polished look. When 5 o’clock strikes, trade the cardi for some great statement jewelry. Earrings, a pendant necklace, or a bracelet will do the trick. And just remember girls, a cocktail ring and red lipstick add instant glam to any look.
What is your favorite way to go from day to date? Let us know in a comment below!
Photo Credit: © Amy Seder